Friday, April 27, 2012

Buttermilk White Cake With Coconut

Happy Friday, everyone!  Life has been super busy and I am about a blog behind, so I figured I would take a break from the craziness and add a little something.  Here is a cake I made back in February - it was my first time making it and it was delicious!!!  I've had the recipe for a few years,  and surprisingly, I found the link online through BHG.

A word of caution, though, it is quite heavy once it's finished, but it's sooo good!!!  I decided to be a tad creative and dyed my frosting and the batter.  Next time, I think I will try the Wilton food gels - I heard they do a better job...;)  A a little suggestion, too, since I'm still learning how to frost - especially with thicker frostings, such as the buttercream - the coconut was perfect for covering up my flaws!!! :)

Have a fabulous weekend!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment